Nursery Remote Learning
Our teaching staff will:
- Provide a weekly ‘Home Learning Plan’ for pupils to follow, allowing for a flexible approach that is supportive of a family’s wellbeing.
- Upload learning activities and tasks onto Tapestry to match the planned sequence of learning continuing in class.
- Provide regular feedback to pupil’s work whilst they are learning at home.
- Communicate with pupils at least once a week.
Our teaching staff will:
- Provide a weekly schedule for pupils to follow, allowing for a flexible approach that is supportive of a family’s wellbeing.
- Upload learning activities and tasks onto Tapestry for core and foundation learning.
- Prioritise reading activities and provide a daily story time video.
- Provide clear explanations and modelling of new concepts.
- Provide regular feedback to pupils work whilst they are learning at home.
- Communicate with pupils at least once a week face to face to support with their learning and wellbeing
To enable teaching and learning to continue in the event a class bubble has had to close:
- A blended approach will be taken in planning for remote learning, comprising of online and offline learning resources and activities, high quality video tutorials, pre-recorded teacher videos and live sessions.
- Live events will feature as part of the plan. This could be in the form of regular ‘check ins’ or conferences to support and review children’s learning. However, teaching will more generally be delivered through frequent and clear explanations of new content using high quality resources and pre-recorded videos.
- We will monitor the engagement of pupils learning and support families where necessary.
- We will make communicate daily with all children via our online platforms. This could be in the form of a typed message or a short, pre-recorded video or audio file.
- We will monitor the pupil contact logs to ensure families are contacted in a timely manner and any issues are followed up.
- The school will communicate regularly with families through our Weekly Newsletters and THPT updates
School Closure - March 2020 - July 2020
A suggested plan for home learning - Completing one task is better than not completing any tasks. Please do as much as works for your child.
- Keep on reading regardless!
- Don’t rush – take time to correct and improve
- Take short breaks to play, talk and read
- Help your child stay safe online
Each day we would recommend a menu of :
Reading (minimum of 15 minutes)
Please remember, if you need any support email firstname.lastname@example.org
The teachers are looking forward to seeing one piece of writing each week to give you feedback on. Again, please email email@example.com
Hello from the Meadhurst Staff
Please see below links to websites connected to our curriculum.
Meadhurst Primary School subscribes to the following excellent online learning tools. Children all have their own username and password to access these from home:
Some large educational sites have offered free access for children whilst schools are closed: