Meadhurst Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We have a Child Protection Policy in place and all staff (including supply staff, volunteers and governors) must ensure that they are aware of this policy and its procedures.
Sometimes it may be necessary to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless there is a reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is:
- Mrs Amy Daniels, Headteacher
- Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads, and part of the wider care committee are:
- Mrs S Holley, Home-School Link Worker
- Mrs. D. Matthews, Assistant Head and Inclusion Lead.
Our wider care committee are also available for you to contact:
- Mrs P. Simmons, Pastoral Support Assistant
- Mr D. Morton, Deputy Head
- Ms. S Gaunt, ELSA
If you are concerned about a child’s welfare, please report to one of the DSLs as soon as possible by calling 01784 253311. Alternatively, you can contact the Surrey Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0300 470 9100.
If your concerns relate to the actions or behaviour of a member of staff (which could suggest that s/he is unsuitable to work with children) then you should report this to A Daniels, interim headteacher.
You can also contact Surrey Children's Service on 03001231610 for further advice.
Please click here to see:
- Vodafone Digital Parenting
- Parents/Carers E-Safety Mtg
- NSPCC Online Safety Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016