At Meadhurst Primary School, we bring out the best in every pupil through an inclusive, enriching curriculum built on a strong foundation of fundamental skills. Our pupils become confident, life-long learners who are ready for the future.
Our schemes of learning are designed to develop a language rich curriculum and diverse experience, aiming to prepare our children for lifelong learning. Children will engage in the learning through stimulating and exciting opportunities which promote curiosity, enrich experience and sustain learning. Underpinning each theme or unit of work is a core body of knowledge and skills that is systematically taught, revised, and revisited to ensure that learning is committed to the long-term memory. Our flexible approach ensures all children to learn to thrive, overcome challenges, and achieve personally and academically.
- Provide a broad and balanced education for all pupils that’s coherently planned and sequenced towards cumulatively sufficient knowledge for skills and future learning and employment.
- Enable pupils to develop knowledge, understand concepts and acquire skills, and be able to choose and apply these in relevant situations.
- Support pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning.
- Ensure equal access to learning for all pupils, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support.
- Have a high academic ambition for all pupils.
- Teach the values of respect, resilience, honesty, kindness and trust to ensure each child thrives in society.
Our school curriculum intent statement
“Meadhurst will bring out the best by providing a language rich and diverse experience both within and beyond the classroom. Our flexible approach enables everyone to thrive personally and academically, overcome challenges and prepare them for lifelong learning. “
Please click on the links to read the 2022-2023 curriculum overviews.
- MPS Whole Curriculum Overview 2022 23 Year 1 overview
- MPS Whole Curriculum Overview 2022 23 Year 2 overview
- MPS Whole Curriculum Overview 2022 23 Year 3 overview
- MPS Whole Curriculum Overview 2022 23 Year 4 overview
- MPS Whole Curriculum Overview 2022 23 Year 5 overview
- MPS Whole Curriculum Overview 2022 23 Year 6 overview
- Reception Yearly Overview 2022 2023